The Waiting Game

I am sitting here in my living room, waiting.


At the moment, I'm waiting for it to be time to leave for a class I'm taking this morning.

I'm also waiting for a package to be delivered.  That probably won't come today, but I'm still waiting for it.  

I'm also waiting to get my tax refund.  I know when it should arrive, and there are things I need to do that are waiting on that money.

Most of all, I'm waiting for a phone call that is going to help me take some important steps towards improving the quality of my life.

I'm also waiting for a commercial break so I can go to the bathroom.  It doesn't matter that I'm watching Dirty Dancing for the thousandth time (at least) and could recite the entire movie verbatim; I still have to wait for a commercial.

I texted someone a little while ago, and I'm waiting for a response.

I'm also waiting to hear from a few friends about information they are waiting on.

I'm waiting 'till I get back from my classes to do the dishes and do some laundry.
After I load those machines, I'll be waiting for the cycles to complete so I can unload and put the items away.

I'm now waiting for another commercial so I can make a cup of coffee.

I've been waiting until I had something really good to write about.  But then I realized that a few of you are waiting to read my next post.  You're waiting on me, I'm waiting on someone, and she's waiting on someone else (who may very well be waiting on another person!).  

So I guess the important question is what do we do while we're waiting?  We've always got so many things to do, but it seems like so many more are put on hold while we wait.  I think it's time to stop waiting and start doing.  Yes, we're waiting on many things ... but there are so many other things we can do while we wait.

I want to write more, but I've got to go to class.  So ... I could save this post and wait until there's time to write more, or I can post now and write another post later.

I guess you'll just have to wait for that one.  Or don't.  Go out and do something.  I promise, whenever I post something else, it'll still be here waiting for you!

** If you like what you read, tell a friend!  Actually, tell me too - post a comment below!!  If you don't ... well ... I'm all for honesty, but please be gentle!